Good Governance Pledge:
1. I will strive to represent all of my constituents, and to that end, I will be committed to listening to my constituents and prioritizing the needs of my district.
A. I will not seek to divide my constituents by demonizing or representing only parts of them.
B. Every constituent who contacts me will get a timely and serious response to their inquiry.
C. I will meet with groups or constituencies with whom I may disagree, and I will make a good faith effort to find common ground. Compromise is key making progress on the problems that we face.
2. I will work to restore your trust and the trust of Seattle’s public by ensuring the City Council administration will focus on solving problems.
3. I will prioritize fulfilling my oversight responsibilities over city departments to make sure that they are delivering results. I will strive to reform and build Seattle’s tax code to be fair, consistent, and stable for all constituents. I will work to spend our public funds wisely and efficiently to deliver results.
4. My role as Councilmember is to serve the public interest. I will not allow any outside interest groups to control the drafting of legislation or a de facto veto over legislation that is in the public interest.
5. I will draw on my progressive values to guide my actions, and in addition, I will seek out compassionate and pragmatic approaches to craft effective solutions to ongoing issues, such as homelessness. I will work hard to create good policy based on proven evidence-based programs and studies to best meet the needs of the city and the district.